Epson Stylus Pro 9890 Printer Designer Edition Includes: EFI® eXpress for Epson included with Designer Edition Bundles*
The Epson Stylus Pro 9890 Printer Designer Edition incorporates their latest achievements in photographic ink jet
technology. By combining the precision of their MicroPiezo® TFP® print
head with the proven performance of their eight-color Epson UltraChrome
K3® with Vivid Magenta, their newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro
printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in
Epson's history. Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta utilizes eight colors -
including auto-switching Photo and Matte Black inks - while setting the
benchmark standard for the industry. Even more remarkable, by combining
them with their new AccuPhoto™ HD screening technology, Epson has once
again raised the level of print quality.
Their advanced Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of
producing higher quality prints, at speeds almost twice as fast as
their previous generation. And, with their latest ink-repelling coating
and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are
virtually eliminated. Like their higher-end Epson Stylus Pro 900 series printers, Epson has
developed, in partnership with X-Rite®, a high performance, in-line
spectrophotometer for commercial proofing applications. When driven by
the latest front-end RIPs, the SpectroProofer® can automate virtually
any color management process in your workflow. With printers capable of handling virtually any media type, in roll
or cut sheets, up to 24 or 44 inches wide, Epson continues to set the
standard for professional media use. Whether producing sellable color or
black-and-white photography, point-of-sale signage, or even color
accurate commercial proofs for client approvals, creative professionals
now have a powerful tool allowing them to produce their vision without
compromise. With every new introduction of an Epson Stylus Pro printer, they
continue to innovate and refine the overall experience. With the
introduction of their latest Epson Stylus Pro 9890 series printers, Epson
is once again redefining what's possible from photographic ink jet
High-Precision Eight-Channel Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling eight separate ink channels
- One-inch wide high-performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- All-new ink-repelling coating to dramatically reduce nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliter to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- Industry-defining, 8-Color, Pigment-Based Ink System
- Unique formulation of Magenta pigments for extreme blues and purples
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HD screening technology
- Professional print permanence ratings
- Outstanding short-term color stability for mission-critical Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ technology for reduced gloss differential
- Improved black density up to 2.6 with an L* value ~3.0*
* Dmax and L* values are based on Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper (260)
AccuPhoto™ HD Screening
- Advanced screening algorithm, resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow detail
- No visible photographic graininess due to the printing process*
- Ensures consistent color balance regardless of the viewing light source
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved
* Photographic graininess could still be visible if present in the actual file being printed.
- Unique production technology to ensure printer-to-printer color consistency
- Colorimetric calibration is performed during the manufacturing process
- This process automatically evaluates and adjusts the color performance of each printer produced
- The result is extreme color repeatability for demanding color performance over time
- Completely eliminates the need for internal printer calibration devices or procedures
Automatic Nozzle Verification and Cleaning
- Embedded sensors quickly verify nozzle status without using media
Automatic Print Head Alignment
- Built-in sensor performs highly precise alignments of all color channels
- Aligns both single and bi-directional print modes
Three-Level Black Ink Technology
- Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black inks
- Significantly improves the gray balance while eliminating colorcasts
- Outstanding highlight-to-shadow grayscale accuracy for a smoother tonal range
- Virtually eliminates any bronzing of the basic pigment chemistry
- Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync® and ICM™ workflows
Automatic Black Ink Mode Switching
- Both Photo and Matte Black ink cartridges are installed
- Depending upon your media type or driver setting, the printer will automatically switch
- Switching can occur automatically or provide a warning before proceeding
- Highly-efficient print head design ensures fast switching with minimal ink usage
- Automatically ensures optimum black ink density, regardless of media type used
Professional Media Handling
- Compatible with virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheets, up to 24 or 44 inches wide
- Accurate loading of cut-sheet media, up to 1.5mm thick posterboard
- All media is front-loaded via a unique straight-through media path
- Printer and driver based media identification and synchronization system for virtually error-free media use
- Media bin safely captures multiple prints up to 24" x 36" or 44" x 36"
- Optional Automatic Take-up Reel System for unattended production of large print runs (SP9890 only)
ePlaten™ Media Loading Technology
- Accurate automatic media loading, movement, and tracking
- Electronically controlled roll media rewind and take-up
- Automatic roll media rewind upon media release
- Simplifies the overall roll and cut-sheet media loading process
Spindle-Free Roll Media Loading
- User-adjustable roll media adapters accepts either 2- or 3-inch media cores
- Simple tension lever ensures quick and secure media core loading
- Designed with Epson ePlaten technology for highly-accurate roll media usage
- Additional media adapter pairs available as an accessory for efficient roll media switching
Roll Media Length Tracking and Identification System
- Real-time automatic remaining roll media length counter
- Automatic bar code tagging of remaining roll media information for faster reloading
- Very useful for tracking partially used media rolls
High Performance Rotary Cutting System
- Durable rotary cutter, designed to be virtually maintenance free
- High performance cutting speeds - cuts 24" to 44" wide rolls in under two seconds
- Off-carriage cutting system eliminates media dust within critical components
- Capable of cutting virtually any media type, including most canvas and fine art papers
High Performance Print Engine Speeds
Utilizing our latest print head technology, the Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890 series printers are among the fastest wide-format printers in the industry.
||16" x 20"
||20" x 30"
||40" x 60" (9890 only)
|Fine - 720 dpi 'Production Mode'
|Fine - 720 dpi HS*
|SuperFine - 1440 dpi HS*
|SuperPhoto - 2880 dpi HS*
* HS = High-Speed Print Mode (Bi-directional Print Mode) | Print speeds are shown in min:sec
Production Mode = HS + Super MicroWeave 'Off'
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- Pressurized ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges
- Eleven individual ink cartridges; available in 150ml, 350ml, and 700ml fill volumes
- On-the-fly ink cartridge replacement for increased productivity
- Mix and match across all three ink cartridge sizes
Easy-to-Use Front Control Panel
- High-resolution 2.5" color LCD for improved viewing of printer status
- Simple button layout for all navigation and basic printer functions
SpectroProofer® 24 and 44
- Optional 24- or 44-inch wide spectrophotometer developed jointly with X-Rite®
- Simple installation fits cleanly into the front of the Epson Stylus Pro 7890 and 9890
- Incorporates a high-performance X-Rite ILS20 spectrophotometer for extreme measurement accuracy below 0.2 dE-CMC
- UV-cut and non-UV-cut versions available at time of purchase
- Both black or white interchangeable backing plates included
- Built-in print dryer to accelerate the dry-down and reading process
- When driven by the latest software RIP front-ends, Epson SpectroProofer can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow
- Standard connectivity includes one USB 2.0 and one 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port
- Professional Epson Photographic Drivers for Macintosh® and Windows®
- Fully supported by most leading third party RIPs and workflows
World Class Service and Support
- Includes one-year of limited coverage under the Epson Preferred Protection Plan with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day on-site service
- Optional one- or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans available
*EFI® eXpress for Epson included with Designer Edition Bundles
- Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
- Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
- True Adobe® PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
- Professional ICC color management, based on BestColor technology used in the commercial EFI Colorproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
- Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
- Reproduces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
- True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
- Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.
*Note: EFI eXpress does not support spectrophotometers, including Epson's SpectroProofer.