Kodak introduced a new generation of media to replace the existing media for the KODAK Photo Printer 6800/6850 and the KODAK 7000/7010/7015/605 Photo Printers. To print using this new media you MUST install the latest Printer Firmware for these printers.
- You must install the firmware before you load the new Kodak media. The printer will not work with the new media until the firmware is installed.
- Once the firmware is installed, both the old and new media will work in the printer.
- Install this firmware on each KODAK Picture Kiosk, KODAK Adaptive Picture Exchange (APEX), or KODAK Picture Kiosk GS Compact connected to a KODAK Photo Printer 6800/6850 or KODAK 7000/7010/7015/605 Photo Printer.
- Before you install the firmware, make sure that each printer is connected, and “Ready” appears on the display.
1. From the Main screen of the Kiosk, touch [Setup]. Enter the password if necessary.
Note: If you have software version 4.0 or later and have the “Hide Setup Button” feature enabled, touch Kodak to access the Setup screen.
2. Touch [Install Software].
3. Insert the CD into the CD-RW drive.
4. Touch: • [Check for Media] …• [Install]
5. Touch [Install].
6. Wait while the firmware is installed. This can take up to 5 minutes per printer. The Kiosk restarts.
7. At “Installation Complete”: • Remove the CD from the CD-RW drive. • Touch [OK].
8. Install the firmware on each additional Kiosk connected to a 605/68XX Printer.
1. From the Main screen of the Kiosk, touch the top left Kodak two times. Enter the password if necessary.
2. Touch the System tab
3. Touch [Update Software & Settings].
4. Touch [Install Software].
5. Insert the CD into the CD-RW drive.
6. Touch: •[Check for Media] •[Install] •[Install]
7. Wait while the firmware is installed. This can take up to 5 minutes per printer.
Click here to download a full step by step PDF with instructions and illustrations. Includes instructions on how to verify the installed firmware. (500Kb – Page 3 )
FotoClub is an authorized dealer of professional digital photo printing and professional instant printing solutions from all the major brands like Epson, HiTi, DNP, Noritsu, Kodak, Sony, Mitsubishi and more. We can help you find the right photo printing equipment and supplies for any application including photo booth printers, photo kiosks, large format inkjet printers and portable event printers. 1(888)921-3686