This P6000 Designer Edition Printer includes:
- Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
- Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
- True Adobe® PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
- Professional ICC color management, based on BestColor technology used in the commercial EFI Colorproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
- Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
- Reproduces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
- True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
- Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.
The 24-inch Epson SureColor® P6000DES Designer Edition printer is the worthy successor to the class-leading Epson Stylus Pro 7890 Designer Edition Printer.
Designed for general purpose graphics and photographic applications, they incorporate our latest imaging technologies – including an exotic Epson PrecisionCore® TFP® print head, along with our unique Epson UltraChrome® HD eight-color pigmented ink set.
With advanced media handling options from cut sheet to roll, from plain papers to photographic, fine art, and even 1.5 mm thick poster boards, the new Epson SureColor P-Series continues to redefine the state of the art in wide format photographic imaging applications.
• New Epson UltraChrome HD 8-ink Pigment Ink technology for superior black density, better permanence and improved gloss.
• Resolution: 2880 x 1440 dpi; 1440 x 1440 dpi; 1440 x 720 dpi; 720 x 720 dpi; 720 x 360 dpi
• New Epson PrecisionCore™ TFP® print head
• 8-channel inkjet print head system with auto Photo to Matte Black Ink switching
• Epson UltraChrome HD pigment inks, 9 inks - 8 installed (VM, VLM, Y, LK, LLK, C, LC, PK or MK)
• Now with faster processing and networking performance with the improved Powerful Controller Board
• Max resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for high print quality
• One-year Epson on-site next business day service with toll-free phone support
16" x 20" prints from 2:02 to 6:58 | Production is 4:16
20" x 30" prints from 3:40 to 12:25 | Production is 7:36
40" x 60" prints from 11:15 to 40:05 | Production is 24:20
Print times are based upon print engine speeds only. Total throughput depends upon front-end driver/RIP, file size, printing resolution, ink coverage, network speed, etc. Production is for prints imaged using 1440x720 high-speed mode.
|Maximum paper width
|Minimum cut-sheet size
||8.5" x 11"
|Maximum printable roll length*
||+/- 0.2% of specified length (+/- .26mm minimum)
*Allowed by printer driver for MAC and PC. Application version of application and Operating System version may limit maximum length
Left and right borderless "bleed" printing for the following roll media widths:
||10", 11.8", 13", 16", 17", 20.3", 23", 24"
Base Printing Technology
- PrecisionCore TFP Print Head
- 8-channel, drop-on-demand, inkjet print head
- Epson UltraChrome HD pigment inks, 9-ink, 8-color (C, LC, VM, VLM, Y, LK, LLK, and PK or MK)
Dimensions: Dimensions and weights include printer and stand
SureColor P6000DES - 223 lbs (101 kg)
Fade Resistance / Print Longevity
Ink lightfastness rating based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media, displayed indoors, under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or lamination or properly store them. Visit www.wilhelm-research.com for the latest information.
||Up to 200 years
||Up to 400 years
Operating Systems Supported
For the latest drivers, please visit www.epson.com/support
Macintosh: OS X 10.10x, 10.9x, 10.8x and 10.7x
Windows: 10, 8.1, 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Printer Interfaces & Language
- One Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port (1 port)
- 1000Base-T Ethernet (1 port
Warranty and Service
Standard one-year on-site next business day service with toll-free phone support Monday thru Friday.
Optional Epson SureColor P-Series Extended service plans available for purchase.
Epson Intelligent Ink Cartridge
Cartridge yields vary considerably based on images printed, print settings, paper type, frequency of use and temperature. For print quality, a variable amount of ink remains in the cartridge after the “replace cartridge” indicator comes on. The printer ships with full cartridges and part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the printer
|Initial cartridge fill volume
||110 ml x 9 total colors (used for initial fill at setup)
|Cartridge fill volume
||150 ml, 350 ml, or 700 ml each x 9 colors total
|Ink cartridge shelf life
|2 years from printed production date or 6 months after open
Roll Media Handling
Sheet Media Handling
|Single top loading roll
||24" wide (SC-P6000DES)
|2" or 3" core diameter
||User-adjustable roll media adapters
||High-speed internal rotary cutter; Automatic or manual
|Minimum auto cut length
||5.0" plus top and bottom margin (5.24" minimum)
|Top / bottom margins (mm)
||Normal: 20/15, option: 35/15, 150/15, 15/15, 3/3
|Left and right margins
||3mm each side; 0.24" total, or 0" at BorderFree sizes
|Roll paper remaining
||Printable barcode tracking system
|Single sheet, top loading
||up to 24" wide (SC-P6000DES)
||Auto-loading if less than .5mm thick
||0.8mm to 1.5mm
|Top / bottom margins
||3mm / 15mm
|Top / bottom margins with centering on
||15mm / 15mm
|Left and right margins
||3mm each side; 6mm or 0.24" total
||AC 100-240 V
||Less than 2A
| Fully ENERGY STAR Complaint
||Approx. 65 W (SC-P6000DES)
||Approx. 19 W
||Approx. 2.0 W (1000 BaseT Ethernet in Standby)
||Less than 0.5W
What's is Included:
- SureColor P-Series Printer
- EFI eXpress for Epson RIP Software - (Designer Edition only)
- Printer Stand with Catch Basket
- Spindle-free Roll Media Adaptors
- Set of eleven 110 ml initial ink cartridges
- Ink Maintenance Tank(s) (installed)
- AC Power Cable
- User Guide Kit (Documentation and Warranty)
- Software is provided via download
- Sample roll - Epson Doubleweight Matte Paper for print head alignments