Epson Stylus Pro 9900 Printer (SP9900HDR) incorporates a 44-inch wide format and the precision of MicroPiezo TFP print head with the Epson UltraChrome ink jet inks. These are some of the Epson 9900 printer new features...
• Twice as fast as the Epson Stylus Pro 9880!
• New Ultrachrome HDR Inks with Orange and Green!
• Auto-switch from matte to Photo Black!
• Up to 20% lower Ink Cost with larger ink Options
• New Superb Print Head that has less clogging!
... and much more! Read below for details.
High-Precision Ten-Channel Epson Stylus Pro 9900 MicroPiezo TFP™ Print Head
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling ten separate ink channels
- One-inch wide high-performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- All-new ink repelling coating to dramatically reduce nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliter to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
Epson AccuPhoto HDR Screening
- Advanced ten-color screening algorithm resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow details
- No visible photographic graininess due to the printing process*
- Ensures consistent color balance regardless of the viewing light source
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved
* Photographic graininess could still be visible if present in the actual file being printed
Epson Stylus Pro 9900 Printer PreciseColor™ Manufacturing
In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has refined the manufacturing process to include colorimetric calibration. Eliminating the need for internal calibration devices, this system evaluates and adjusts each printer's performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print.
Automatic Print Head Alignment
- Built-in sensor performs highly precise alignments of all color channels
- Aligns both single and bi-directional print mode
Next Generation Ten-Color Pigment-Based Ink System
- Unique High Dynamic Range (HDR) pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Ten-color printing system including all-new orange and green inks
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HDR screening technology
- Professional print permanence ratings
- Outstanding short-term color stability for mission critical proofing applications
- Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Improved black density up to 2.6 with an L* value ~3.0
* Dmax and L* values are based on Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper (260)
Three-Level Black Ink Technology
- Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black inks
- Significantly improves the gray balance while eliminating colorcasts
- Outstanding highlight-to-shadow grayscale accuracy for a smoother tonal range
- Virtually eliminates any bronzing of basic pigment chemistry
- Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync and ICM workflows
Automatic Black Ink Mode Switching
With both Photo and Matte Black ink cartridges installed simultaneously, the Epson Stylus Pro 900 series printers automatically utilize the optimal black ink mode, delivering maximum black density for the chosen media. Taking advantage of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP auto-sharing black ink channel ensures a fast and efficient switch. And to further reduce switching errors, the user confirms the switching process from the front control panel.
The standard Photo Black ink mode can be used for any media type with professional results. However, for certain Epson media types such as Velvet Fine Art, Enhanced Matte, and UltraSmooth Fine Art, using the optional Matte Black ink mode instead, will dramatically increase your black optical density for even better print quality.
Professional Media Handling
- Compatible with virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheet, up to 44-inch wide
- Accurate loading of cut-sheet media up to 1.5mm thick posterboard
- All media is front-loaded via a unique straight-through media path
- Printer and driver based media identification and synchronization system for virtually error-free media use
- Media bin safely captures multiple prints up to 44" x 36"
- Optional Automatic Take-up Reel System for unattended production of large print runs (available on the Epson Stylus Pro 9900 only)
Epson ePlaten™ Media Loading Technology
- Accurate automatic media loading, movement, and tracking
- Electronically controlled roll media rewind and take-up
- Automatic roll media rewind upon media release
Spindle-Free Roll Media Loading
- User-adjustable roll media adapters accepts either 2- or 3-inch media cores
- Simple tension lever ensures quick and secure media core loading
- Designed with Epson ePlaten Technology for highly-accurate roll media usage
- Additional media adapter pairs available as an accessory for efficient roll media switching
High Performance Rotary Cutting System
- Durable rotary cutter, designed to be virtually maintenance free
- High performance cutting speeds – cuts 24" to 44" wide rolls in under two seconds
- Off-carriage cutting system eliminates media dust within critical components
- Capable of cutting virtually any media type, including most canvas and fine art papers
High Performance Print Engine Speeds
Utilizing our latest print head technology, the Epson Stylus Pro 900 series printers are among the fastest wide-format printers in the industry.
||16" x 20"
||20" x 30"
||40" x 60"
|Fine – 720 dpi HS*
|SuperFine – 1440 dpi HS*
|SuperPhoto – 2880 dpi HS*
* HS = High-Speed Print Mode (Bi-directional Print Mode) | Print speeds are shown in min:sec
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- Pressurized ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges
- Eleven individual ink cartridges; available in 150ml, 350ml, and 700ml fill capacities
- On-the-fly ink cartridge replacement for increased productivity
- Mix and match across all three ink cartridge sizes
Easy-to-Use Front Control Panel
- High-resolution 2.5" color LCD for improved viewing of printer status
- Simple button layout for all navigation and basic printer functions
Epson SpectroProofer™ 44"
- Optional 44-inch wide spectrophotometer developed jointly with X-Rite
- Simple installation fits cleanly into the front of the Epson Stylus Pro 9900
- Incorporates a high-performance X-Rite ILS20 spectrophotometer for extreme measurement accuracy below 0.2 dE94
- UV-cut and non-UV-cut versions available at time of purchase
- Both black or white interchangeable backing plates included
- Built-in print dryer to accelerate the dry-down and reading process
- When driven by the latest software RIP front-ends, Epson SpectroProofer can automate virtually any color management process in your workfl
- Standard connectivity includes one USB 2.0 and one 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port
- Professional Epson Photographic Drivers for Macintosh and Windows
- Fully supported by most leading third party RIPs and workflows
- Advanced web-based printer information and management system
- Automatically tracks consumables usage and print job information regardless of location
- Provides real-time cost-per-print estimates and print-job-run information
- Create various reports using actual print job information
- Provides remote printer monitoring and alert capability
- Secure information management using the latest encryption technologies
- True web-based fleet-wide printer management via secure web-based account
* Fees may apply. Visit www.myepsonprinter.com for details.
World Class Service and Support
- Includes one year of limited coverage under the Epson PreferredSM Protection Plan with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day on-site service
- Optional one- or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans available
||Epson Stylus Pro 9900
||Epson Stylus Pro 9880
|Maximum Printer Width
|Pigment Ink Technology
||Epson UltraChrome HDR
||Epson UltraChrome K3 with
|Print Head Technology
||Epson MicroPiezo TFP!"
||Epson MicroPiezo AMC!"
|Auto Nozzle Veri!cation and Cleaning?
|Ink Repelling Coating Technology?
|Printing Color Model
|Number of Print Head Nozzles
||360 x 10 Colors
||180 x 8 Colors
|Ink Included with Printer
||110 ml x 11 Ink Cartridges
||110 ml x 8 Ink Cartridges
|Maximum Ink Cartridge Size
||700 ml x 11 Ink Cartridges
||220 ml x 8 Ink Cartridges
|Ink Cartridge Sizes Available
||150 ml / 350 ml / 700 ml
||110 ml / 220 ml
|Maximum Resolution / Smallest Droplet Size
||2880 x 1440 / 3.5 pl
||2880 x 1440 / 3.5 pl
|Photographic Driver Screening Technology
||Epson AccuPhoto!" HDR
||Epson AccuPhoto!" HD
|Epson ePlaten Technology?
|Auto-Switching Black Ink Technologies?
|Thick Media Cutting System
||Internal Automatic Rotary Cutter
||Optional Manual Media Cutting System
|Internal Color Measuring Capability?
||Optional SpectroProofer 44 (UV or non UV)
||USB 2.0 & 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
||USB 2.0 & 10/100 BaseT Ethernet
||1-Year Epson Preferred Protection Plan
||1-Year Epson Preferred Protection Plan
- Advanced MicroPiezo TFP print head, with ink repelling coating technology
- 10-channel, drop on demand ink jet print head
- 11-cartridge (C, Lc, VM, VLm, Y, O, G, LK, LLK, + PK or MK)
- Auto black Ink mode switching (user verify)
- Auto print head alignment technology
- Auto nozzle verification and cleaning technology
- Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology
- Professional-level, aqueous pigment-based ink technology
- Color and Monochrome 360 nozzles x 10
- Smallest droplet size: 3.5 picoliters
- Variable droplet technology can produce up to three different sizes per line
- 2880 x 1440 dpi
- 1440 x 1440 dpi (proofing media only)
- 1440 x 720 dpi
- 720 x 360 dpi
- 360 x 360 dpi (Draft)
Print Engine SpeedA
|Epson Driver Print Mode
|HS = High-Speed Print Mode (Bi-directional Print Mode). Print speeds are shown in min:sec.
|Fine – 720 dpi HS
|SuperFine – 1440 dpi HS
|SuperPhoto – 2880 dpi HS
- Epson ESC/P3 raster photographic drivers standard Supported by most leading, third-party RIPs and workflows
Operating Systems Supported
||Leopard 10.5 or Higher (16bit)
||Vista and XP (Both 32 and 64-bit supported)
- Includes as standard one Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible) and one Ethernet Port (10/100Base-T)
- 74" (W) x 48" (H) x 26" (D)
- Weight: 285 lbs
Dimensions and weight include printer stand
- Left and right borderless "bleed" printing for the following roll media widths: 10", 13", 16", 17", 24", 36", 44"
- Top and bottom edges can be automatically trimmed when printing on roll media
- Maximum paper width: 44"
- Maximum printable width: 44.16"
- Left and right margins: 0 mm (borderless) to 3 mm each (0.24" total)
- Maximum printable length: Limited by application, OS, and driver /RIP used
- Roll media size: Single roll up to 44" width
- Cut-sheet size: Up to 44" wide media (auto loading)
- Media core compatibility: Handles both 2" and 3" cored media
- Max. roll media diameter: 4" (2" core) or 6" (3" core)
- Weight: 12 lb bond, up to 1.5 mm posterboard
- Built-in media cutter: Automatic rotary cutting
+ or - 0.2% of specified page length
Epson Intelligent Pressurized Ink CartridgeB
|Ink Cartridge Fill Volume
||150 ml, 350 ml or 700 ml Each color x 11 colors total
|Ink Cartridge Shelf Life Recommended
||2 years from printed production date or 6 months after open
Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink
Color: Up to 200 years
Black-and-white: Over 200 years
- Operating 50° to 95°F (10° to 35°C)
- Storage -4° to 104°F (-20° to 40°C)
- Relative humidity 20 to 80%
- Operating 40 to 50%
- Recommended Storage 5 to 85% (no condensation)
||AC 110 – 240 V
||50 – 60 Hz
||1.0 A / 110–120 V
||UL1950, CSA 22.2 950 FDA
||FCC Part 15 subpart B class B,
CSA C108.8 class B
AS/NZS 3548 class B