On Windows 8 (64 bit) operating system, you must disable the Driver Signature Enforcement to install the Win 7 (64 bit) printer drivers. Once the Driver Signature Enforcement is disabled the system will reboot, then you will be able to install the driver.
This is how you disable the ‘Driver Signature Enforcement’ on Windows 8 so you can install the Windows 7 printer driver*:
9. Press either the F7 key or the number 7 key from your computer keyboard. This disables the Driver Signature Enforcement, which will allow you to install a printer driver. After pressing either key, your computer will reboot:
After rebooting, log in as normal and go to the Control Panel. Select “Devices and Printers” and you are ready to install the Printer Driver.
* All these steps have been tested on the 64 bit version of Windows 8.
Quick Notes on Installing the drivers on Windows 8:
Because the Windows 8 desktop is so different than any previous version of Windows, we’ve included one way to get to the Control Panel below. There are many paths that will get you to the Control Panel, so use whichever method you are comfortable with.
- Open the Charms Bar and select the Search icon.
- Type “Control Panel” into the search box.
- Select the Control Panel icon. Control Panel window will show.
- Select “Devices and Printers” and install driver.